Friday, November 20, 2009

Mouthwatering Lowfat Pumpkin Angel Food Cake

I just made this as a treat for work and it was a big hit! Lots of compliments! : )

The cake turned out perfectly moist and it's a great low fat dessert idea instead of some of those really unhealthy holiday pieces.

Ingredients

* 1 (18 ounce) package angel food cake mix (the 1 step mix)
* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
* 1 cup water
* 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed

Directions

1. Mix the ingredients together.


2. Bake as directed on the angel food cake box. You can pretty much use any size pan you want like a bundt, 9x13, or cupcake pan. My angel food cake had directions for how long to bake each size of pan.

4. When cooled, top cake with Cool Whip.


I meant to take a pic of this once it was cut, but my camera is on it's last leg and gave me a hard time. When you have to slam your camera against the table after every picture to get it to turn on, it's time for a new one! Recs, anyone?

Anyway, enjoy!

5 comments :

  1. Hi.
    I just stopped over from The DIY Showoff and wanted to say hello. Your blog is wonderful.

    XO*Tricia

    P.S. That cake looks Amazing!! I'm digging all of the recipes. I'm off to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious! I need more people at my house to eat all these amazing recipes I want to try so I don't eat it all!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so yummy! Thanks a million for linking up to This Week's Cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great - what a wonderful idea!

    Thanks for linking to This Week's Cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this today, only instead of adding water, I used cinnamon applesauce.... YUM! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails