Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Running with a new toy!


When I bought these shoes in the spring, I just wanted a pair of shoes that was comfortable and in a somewhat cute color. Gotta look cute even when you work out, right?

Now that I've been getting more into running, I've been getting more curious about my time, speed and distance. I try to track it with a watch, but it doesn't work very well and I always question if it's accurate. It took a lot of convincing, but Hubby finally made me go out and buy a Nike+! I hardly ever spend that much money on myself, but he knew it was something I really wanted and it would help me enjoy running even more.
I had to get the white and pink one to match my favorite running tank!
So far, I'm loving the Nike+ and it's been really great to get an accurate read on my miles and distance. I can upload my stats to the Nike website and keep track of my distance and workouts so I can look back and see my progress. I still can't believe how far I've come since the winter!

5 comments :

  1. Oh! You're supposed to look cute when you work out? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong! HA! I'm still so super impressed by you running folks. I have cute Nike shoes, but I still hate to run for more than a minute or two before I resort back to a fast paced walk. I gotta get in shape! UGH! Keep on inspring me and maybe I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I will for sure be wearing it tomorrow for the premiere, I'm so excited. :) I've been browsing around your blog and I love your recipes and crafts! I'm a follower now and I'm so excited to read more! :)

    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, you're in great shape and very lucky to have supportive husband, thanks for visiting my site and leaving your sweet comment, keep in touch....

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have to keep us posted on what you think of it. I just started running and I'm interested in your review. Oh and how long ago did you start? Are you already running like half marathon's and stuff? I'm so nosey but I like to see how long it takes to get anywhere, I'm gearing up for a 5k lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to hear more about what you like.dilike about the nike+ once you've been using it for a while. I thought about getting it myself a number of times but since I've got an older generation nano I'd have to have the transmitted thing plugged into the ipod (instead of the newer ipods that have it built in) and I've heard it was annoying.

    Looks like I'm not the only one interested so you'll have to do a follow up post! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails