Monday, December 20, 2010

Cinnamon Sugar Almonds

Ever seen those cinnamon sugar almond carts in the mall and they smell SO good? I always want to buy some when I walk by and smell that cinnamon scent. But why deal with the mall crowds when you can make them yourself?

I served these at 2 parties and everyone thought I bought them! They were THAT good! They also make the house smell amazing : )

Adapted from here

Ingredients:
• ⅓ cups & 2 tablespoons water
• 1-⅓ cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 cups almonds (Cashews also work. I made a batch of those as well.)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla

In a saucepan, add the water, 1 cup of sugar and the cinnamon and stir. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. Be sure to keep mixing so it doesn't burn or stick to the bottom.

Add the almonds, raise the temperature to high and keep stirring constantly until the water is boiled away.

Turn the heat back to medium-low to keep the sugar from browning too fast. Keep mixing until the almonds start to have an even shiny coat.

Add the rest of the sugar and the vanilla and keep stirring. There may be some popping when you add them, but that's perfectly fine!

Keep stirring until the almonds are shiny, but still a bit lumpy with clumps of sugar. When this starts to happen, take them off the heat and pour them on sheets of parchment paper. Let them cool completely before serving or storing.

Pig out!

Perfect for a holiday party, little gifts, or just for yourself to snack on!

24 comments :

  1. Oh yes, these are part of my favorite of holiday shopping. What a great way to make them yourself.

    You just got yourself a new follower:)

    I made Danish Christmas Hearts and Paper Christmas Stars to cheer up our tree.
    Happy Holidays!
    JRFrugalMom from
    Frugality Is Free

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love almonds and I LOVE sugar, so these should be just perfect around here!

    There is a fun surprise waiting for you on my blog this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the cashew version sounds like pure heaven to me! I can't imagine being able to make enough that I could give them away, but I'm so going to pretend that's what I'm doing when I make some.

    Alicia @ www.protodoom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is... I WANT THESE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! I have some left over almonds I'm for sure trying this out on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo!!!! I did something like this with pumpkin seeds on Halloween but the cashew sound even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome and super rich!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i made these yesterday and i think i stirred them too long all the sugar started falling off :-( oooh but the smell is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog from Sumo's Sweet Stuff. I tried your cinnamon sugar almond recipe today and I am in love with them! I made them for a gift, but will have to make another batch to keep for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is funny! I have a very similar recipe scheduled to post tomorrow morning--yours are a little more involved, but I may give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning! I just had the best time perusing many of your posts. So many cute and creative ideas! You have a lovely blog here.

    These cinnamon sugar almonds look so good! I would love to try them,

    So nice stopping by to meet you!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heart almonds. I will be making these soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and delicious just how I like it!
    I would love it if you linked up with me@scrapaddict4sure

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always wondered what the recipe for cinnamon pecans were, so gonna try this
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely going to try these!!! Gonna try cashews and pecans as well, these will make a great addition to a gift basket I am making for Christmas. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I featured you today for Craftify It Thursday! Hope you'll swing by and grab the feature button. I also have a linky if you'd like to link up any of your crafts.

    http://lebedafamily.blogspot.com/2010/12/craftify-it-thursday-festive-recipes.html

    Hope you have a Blessed Christmas!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! Those are so professional and delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that smell is intoxicating...it draws me in so completely that it doesn't matter how much they are charging! i like the idea of making them at home...a much better and economical choice! thank you for sharing this with tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE cinnamon almonds! So glad that I can try to make some myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    Just wanted to let you know that I am starting a new weekly linky party on Jan 7th called Fun w/ Food Friday. If you have time, I would LOVE for you to come link up some of your delicious recipes!

    http://www.paisleypassions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I featured you back in December and finally made these. They are AMAZING! I used pecans and I'm in love. I'll post pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails