Monday, November 21, 2011

DIY Brooch Bracelet

I hope you stopped by Bella Before and After where I was guest-posting on Friday about these super easy brooch bracelets I made. Bella is such a sweet blogger that I've gotten to know during the past year or so. Be sure to stop by and check out her fabulous blog and link up to her Amaze Me August link parties every Tuesday.

Photobucket

If you didn't catch my post, here's a recap...
I was out shopping one day to find some jewelry for a dress and I came across this really cute idea. There was a whole display of beaded bracelets with a really pretty brooch holding them together. I had no idea it was a brooch until I really took a look at it when I tried it on. Very cool idea and most of us can make them with things we have at home already!

If you're like me, you save your jewelry through the years and never want to throw it out. I only wear my favorite things, but I save a lot of it in case it comes back into style or I have something that would match it perfectly. I had some of those groups of beaded bracelets that were so popular a couple years ago. I found 3 or 4 bunches that I've collected in the past 10 years.
I also had some pretty brooches that I've collected over the past 10 years. I even found one that my mom gave me from the early 90's! It's so simple to just clip it on to some bracelets and you have a cute new accessory!
These rhinestone bracelets are probably 11 years old and the brooch came from some blazer I bought maybe 5 years ago. But together, they're so fun!


This is the brooch from my mom that she used to wear years ago. I paired it with these fun gold, pearl & rhinestone bracelets from Forever 21.

Can't beat a craft that takes 2 minutes and gets tons of compliments!

I also want to send a quick HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Hubby today! Love you!

15 comments :

  1. absolutely LOVING THIS!!!! thanks for sharing!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! Would love for you to share this at my linky party, it's open now: http://etcetorize.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I love how unique it looks. I'm here from the Etcetorize party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! What a great idea! Love it! You are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh I love it!!! it' so classic looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my that is so stinking adorable!! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute idea! I am soooo going to make some of these for myself! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, I'm featuring your project over at Etcetorize! Come on over and grab a button from the sidebar if you like~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! Your collection of brooches is exquisite and this is such a wonderful way to wear them!

    Thank you for being a part of making last week’s “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17 so rich in creativity and inspiration! Today’s party is in full swing, so please feel welcome to drop by and share your talent.

    Yours,
    Jenn

    P.S. I'm spotlighting your post on my Facebook page today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of brooches! I also tried recycling some vintage brooches into pendants -
    http://www.beadinggem.com/2011/05/how-to-make-convertible-brooch-pendant.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is so great! I would have never thought of it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many love its here, but still the idea is ingenius and I have to add another one -- LOVE IT! Saying it loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous! What a great use for my Antique Broaches :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodafternoon,

    Found you through The Beading Gem and sure glad I did. What a great idea and like you and the others that have commented what a great way to use what you have OR come across. I have several odd pcs of earrings from yardsells etc. so definately going to see what I come up with.

    Have a blessed day,Doris Price

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails