Monday, February 3, 2014

Sweet Sugar Cookies

I can't decide if it's a bad thing or a good thing that I try to keep all the common baking ingredients in the house at all times. It definitely comes in handy when I have a random craving for something baked. Over the weekend, Hubby and I really wanted some cookies, so I was able to come up with something using stuff we had in the house. The verdict: 2 thumbs up from Hubby and all the cookies were gone by the next day!

Adapted from here
Ingredients:
• 2 3/4 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 1/4 cups sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.


In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add in egg and vanilla.

Add the dry ingredients and mix well.

Using your hands, make small balls of dough and place them onto a cookie sheet.


Bake 7-10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.

Dip in milk & pig out!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails