Wednesday, August 6, 2014

DIY Sew a Chevron Striped Maxi Knit Skirt

I actually made this last summer, but then I got pregnant and was never able to wear it.  Better late than never, right? Pleas excuse our messy closet, but this was the best I could do as we were running out of the house for our first date night since the baby was born!

Since I made it so long ago, I'm sad to say that I don't have a finished tutorial or progress photos.  However, I do have my notes and I used these two tutorials from icandyhandmade and Pretty Ditty as inspiration for the skirt, but mine has a thick elastic band at the waist rather than using the knit fabric from the skirt.

Honestly, it took a long time, so it's probably much easier just to buy one :)  But I've never been able to find a maxi skirt that was long enough, so this was my only choice!  One other tip I learned was that the striped fabric was actually too thin on it's own, so I had to go back and buy white fabric to make a second layer underneath.


Perfect for hot summer days and date nights!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails